How To Apply
Can your organization use a large number of used bicycles to further its employment, education, or health care mission?
How to Apply
Organizations must meet the following criteria to be considered to receive a shipment:
- Have a non-sectarian mission and vision tailored to a specific and demonstrable community need that can be addressed at least in part by the use of bicycles
- Have at least one program that has been functioning for a year or more, focused on improving the lives of low-income or otherwise disadvantaged citizens, with documented results
- Have the financial capacity to pay for the expenses of shipping the bicycles from the Bikes for the World warehouse in the United States to the proposed project site
- Have a full time Executive Director
- Are recognized by national law as not-for-profit
- Have reputable third-party references (preferably international)
- Have a demonstrated willingness and ability to collaborate with other community groups, regardless of religious, ethnic, political, or socio-economic affiliation.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in receiving a shipment, we welcome your application. Applications are accepted at any time. Please fill out an initial inquiry form. Be sure to include your most recent income/expense statement and balance sheet.
Bikes for the World is not currently accepting new partners. Please consider checking back later and applying when we are again accepting new partners. If you submit an application it will be filed to be reviewed at a later time
For more information about receiving bikes and becoming a partner, check out our Partner FAQ page.