Find Abandoned Bikes
Help us find more bikes! Individual volunteers are an increasingly significant channel for sourcing bikes.
Don’t just tell us about them – be proactive, get them yourself, and bring them to us if you can! Here are some ways to find bikes.
- Search and advertise on-line (Craigslist, Freecycle, etc.).
- Bike rooms in multi-family residences – these oftentimes become crowded with abandoned bikes; talk to the building manager about cleaning these out. It requires time and patience, giving repeated notices, but Bikes for the World can help.
- Talk to your local police about their bicycle impound lot.
- Approach your local waste transfer station and ask them to put aside bikes for Bikes for the World.
- Real estate agents – if you know one, mention that you are collecting bikes for Bikes for the World— agents are always seeking ways to help their clients downsize.
- Talk to your neighbors – once it gets around that you are collecting bikes, your neighbors will find you!
Contact office (at) bikesfortheworld.org for details.